Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wanna Go Down Like London London London?!

I had a great day of classes today. On Wednesdays I have my only class of premiers (which are juniors). All of my other classes are seconds (sophmores). The difference in ability, confidence, level of English and everything is astounding; you'd guess there was more than just one year difference between them. This week, I have been talking about Homecoming, explaining what it is and going over vocab like: rival school, jock, double days, semi-formal, to have a crush on, pre-party etc... I go over everything and then have them write a skit using the vocab and perform it in front of the class. Today's kids did a great job, and it was really fun for me to see what they came up with.

So.... I'm randomly going to London next Friday after classes!! We got the tickets for 1 cent each way. The whole thing was under 40€ after taxes, and we're flying directly from Nantes to London. No 22 hour layovers for me this time! I'm really excited b/c I've never been to England, and I won't have my Monday morning classes that week, so it couldn't have worked out any better. I have tomorrow off which is nice in one way, but does kinda throw you through a loop since it's in the middle of the week. I don't know what I will do yet other than go to the library. Guess that's it for me. I'd love messages from you all (:

Bisous, Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home