Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Friday, February 08, 2008

I'm Not Feelin'It Anymore

Anyone know who sings that song??? That could be my theme song for the day.

Started off spilling oatmeal and warm milk all over my sleeve (eeew) followed by BART running late, then we got stuck behind the train in front of us which got me into the office just before 9 AM. No good!

I've officially become addicted to an afternoon coffee which I find particularly ironic since I worked at a cafe for years, could have free coffee, and hardly drank it.

Plusses for the day: sporting new socks and undies. I wish I could have brand new pairs of each every freak'n day. AND I finally broke down and bought a box of the Tazo Refresh herbal tea that I love 'oh so much.

The weekend hasn't even started and I feel like it's already gone. Tomorrow, we have a 65 mile ride in Half Moon Bay (Did you know it used to be called Spanishtown?!) I think it will be beautiful. We've had great weather lately which has been a nice break from the stormy, rainy, windy days. I don't know how long it'll last, so I'm enjoying it knowing we surely have to have more rain in the future.

Last night I got to hang out with Mia bella who had spent the day with my Mom. I think it'd been about 2+ weeks since I last saw her, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that she hasn't change all that much other than being really super smiley. She cracks a smile so easily, and there's nothing like it. What a sweetheart. Mom and I gave her a bath and she really got to kicking. Maybe she'll take after her auntie (me!) and be a water baby.

Not too much else going on these days other than (how could I forget to mention it) I've discovered the undercover world of Pub Quizzes. Ok, maybe it's not so secret or undercover, but they are new to me. The bar down the street from the office has a Pub Quiz night on Wed. nights. We did it last week and came in a shameful last place. So we headed there this week to redeem ourselves, and were in 1st place!.... for the first 2 rounds. It was all downhill from there, so sad yet so fun. I don't think I can keep this pace up, b/c I got home just at midnight and was hurting on Thurs. morning.

That's it, nothing else to say. Bye bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home