Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Be Your Own Valentine

It's my beautiful pony's 16th birthday tomorrow (Feb. 6). Happy Birthday Pokey!!!

So I guess it’s been a while since I’ve had/taken the time to update my blog… just a teensy weensy bit overdue. Where to start… I guess with Vegas! It was my first time ever, and I have to say, this trip was well worth the wait. Jodie and I had planned to celebrate our (gulp) 27th & 32nd birthdays there since there isn’t anything particularly great about these ages, and we got a jump start in Jan. for Liesl’s “5th anniversary of her 21st birthday” as she so splendidly put it.

That Friday I met up with Monica for drinks (since I wouldn’t be doing my Sat. bike ride anyway, I figured I’d take full advantage). It was great to see and catch up with her, especially since she’s spending practically the entire month in Europe for work. Sat. I woke up, and had to head home to shower, pack, and catch the plane to Vegas. Liesl, Jeanette and I headed out in the early afternoon and landed by 4 PM. That night out was a blast. We had dinner at the Little Buddah at the Palms and headed to Tao to dance the night away. I think we were home around 3-4 AM, which was just enough time for Liesl to give us the show of a lifetime, throwing a tantrum b/c she somehow lost her new phone in a cab, “All I know is 225…..!” Hahahaha. The whole trip was amazing, and I’m definitely ready to do it again for my birthday. Our suites at the Mandalay Bay were über impressive, as was running into John Mayor!

The celebrating continued on to the following week b/c Andrea was in town from Seattle, which had us out almost every night- once again, we had to take advantage since it’s not every day that she’s here. I think one of my favorite parts was her coming out of my shower saying, “So I’m normally a fan of Tom’s of Maine, but damn Elizabeth that toothpaste is NASTY” (too bad she’d used my shaving cream!!!). Thurs. Jan. was our company party, and it was a blast. I had been stressing over the dilemma of to play games / not to play games. It’s not easy to please everyone. In the end, I found 2 awesome ones, and it was really fun to see the competitive side of our staff. I missed the Sat. bike ride in Vegas and the following week was cancelled due to the weather, so I told myself I’d do 4 hours on the trainer that Sunday- which I did! I watched Thank You for Smoking and Heroes. It wasn’t that bad, but my butt really started to get sore. I ate some tofu nuggets, txted people from the bike and the time went by…..

This Saturday we had our ride at Point Reyes. It was originally supposed to be 54 miles, but we ended up doing just under 40. The weather was crazy cold and rainy. I had fun and decided if I were a racehorse, I’d be the kind that likes a sloppy track, because I just had a blast out there in the rain! I finally downloaded some tunes on iTunes (thank you Kristi and Shane for my present). I realize I may loose all respect for my taste in music, but I have to say I really love that song Anything by Jojo (remix of Toto’s Africa). Hey- don’t judge me! I was rocking out to it all night and while getting ready in the morning.

Also equally important to note is that Feb. 5th is simultaneously Mardi Gras AND Super Tuesday. How exciting is that?! Can’t wait to see the results.

Love to you all! Muah (o;

P.S. Thank you to Edith, Lois, Art, Florence, and Allyson for your recent donations to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! The deadline is fast approacthing (Feb. 20), but it's not too late to contribute. Please visit
http://www.active.com/donate/tntgsf/tntgsfECloern to help save lives now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home