Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Dinner at the Waterfront






Hopefully I don’t stutter as I type this. My fingers are fraa frraaa freeezing!
This past week was super busy between the barn, TNT, and a holiday dinner in S.F. on Wednesday night. Rika, one of our suppliers treats the whole company to a fancy dinner every December. This year, we had it at The Waterfront Restaurant at Pier 7. ( http://waterfrontsf.com/ )

We rolled in style on one of Rika’s charter busses. It’s always nice to spend time with people outside of work, but this evening was especially nice since Magalie was visiting from Montreal, and we have several new hires as well. We kicked off the evening with champagne (for those of you who don’t know, I LIVE for champagne -one of the greatest things in life) and all sorts for tempting treats: fried calamari, prawns wrapped in bacon, and smoked salmon. Then it was onto a bowl of clam chowder, our entrees (I had scallops and prawns), a little green salad, and crème brulee (another one of my favs).

Somehow we got on a riddle kick and I heard the worst riddle ever! It’s supposed to be in Italian, but it translates to: "What smells like a rose, and is the color rose, but isn’t a rose?" Any guesses???? Read to the end to find the answer if you haven’t guessed it already. So after all the good eats and riddles, we finally headed out around 10:30. I know that doesn’t sound too late, but it got me in the door just before midnight with 6 hours until I had to get up and ready for work. Needless to say, Thursday morning was a bit rough.

Work was work, and then I headed out to the barn afterwards since poor Pokey didn’t get out at all on Wednesday. She was a maniac running and bucking and rolling. I was tempted to hop on bareback and give her a little more exercise, but she was already pretty warm to cool out, so I just gave her a good grooming and her grain.

I took a personal day on Friday, which included the barn in the morning and then shopping for Jed’s bday present. I headed over to his place to drop it off and found Holly in the middle of making two cakes for his party on Sat. We hung out, and I got to hold Mia (don’t even get me started on how flippin’ cute she is!), and drank some wine. By the time I got home, it was almost 10- just enough time to watch an episode of Alias and head to bed.

Ok, you made it all the way, now you get the answer to the riddle. Which is….
SOAP.

I know! Hey, I said it was the worst riddle ever. I started making up other ones like, "what smells like vanilla, and is off white, but isn’t vanilla?" - shampoo! Ok, I guess I should give Massi a break; he said it was a really old riddle (um from the Stone Ages?), and some of it gets lost in translation. Ok, I guess we’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home