Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Woah Nelly!

So this update is long over due. I guess that would be the right place to start, or maybe with a quick overview of what I've been up to since coming back from France mid-May.

It was great to re-connect with my friends and wonderful to see my family. I am living back home, with the 'rents- actually really really nice. I never saw them as much as I would have liked before, and after being away for 9 months I'm enjoying some "home" time. Jeffrey moved into a new apartment too, and has a new roommate who already had a cat. They thought 2 guys living together with 3 cats might be a little bit odd (plus Mr. B likes to scratch leather and Travis has 3 very nice leather couches)... which means that my kitty is living with me! I am really happy about this, and he has successfully won over everyone- except maybe for Buddy, but he's relentless; I'm sure I'll have pictures to post of the 2 of them cuddled up together on the couch.

So I got back, took about a week to sort through my room, unpack, see my pony, eat some Mexican food, and then the job search began. I worked with several recruiters and interviewed with about 5 companies. Meanwhile, one of the recruiters got me a temp assignment with a private equity firm in Menlo Park; I did that for a month and a half before taking a job with Go West Tours, a receptive tour operator based in San Francisco where I currently work. I do Human Resources and corporate support. We are a small privately owned company who specialize in quality travel into the USA & Canada. The staff is largely international (I think I am one of maybe 5 "true" Americans- meaning born and raised here with American parents). I love the atmosphere; almost everyone is bilingual French/English, and the owners are fantastic. We just moved into our brand new office, and I love it.

Mateo came to spend a month here in California. It was his first trip to the U.S., and he said it was the best vacation he's ever taken. I visited Alcatraz for the first time ever, walked across the Golden Gate Bridge, did lunch in North Beach, did the Monterey Bay Aquarium, hiked at Los Lobos, and spent a couple of days at my parent's house in Murphys where we also visited a national Redwood forest.

I also became an auntie since returning home. Mia was born on Friday Oct. 26 and is beautiful. She is just as precious as can be; I just can't get enough of her.

Of course I am still partying like crazy, in between work, my horse, and everything else.

AND I am training to do a 100 mile bike ride (with a 4,000 foot climb!) this March with Team In Training (TNT) to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. You can visit my page to make a donation at http://www.active.com/donate/tntgsf/tntgsfECloern

Halloween was spent in San Francisco- first at a co-worker's house party followed by Ruby Sky.






This was a really really fun night at that Saddle Rack- oh wait, it's always fun!


Jesse also came out to visit from France. Lucky me! We went to Straits cafe at Santana Row and she got to meet some of my friends from CA.







Jesse, me and Tania







Liesl and Jesse.


Some of my favorite girls!





Voila some of my co-workers. We went out to a jazz restaurant for dinner and then took a limo ride around the city- Thank you Olivier!



My cat, who is too sexy for his bed....












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home