Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Buongiorno!

So, I've been keeping really busy which explains, in part, why I haven't been writing here much lately. Last week I started an entirely new schedule, so that will take some getting used to. I've got some classes that will be amazing. Some of these kids have been all over the world and are interesting, speak great English and will be a fun to work with. I have some that are at a much lower level, and it will be more of a challenge for me to work with them, I think.

I started Italian at the collège last week and think I will continue with that. I was even able to get a text book from the school library. I think I will be able to go 2 days a week. I've been swimming about 2x per week and running at the park near the foyer. Had dinner at Jesse's house (she did homemade mac and cheese with guacamole and chips as appetizers. I did a caprese salad though their basilique is not at all like the basil we have at home, so I didn't think it was as good).

Friday had been crazy b/c I have 3 hours of classes. Then I was tired and wanted to take a nap, but that didn't work. Mathieu and I left around 4:30 to go to the store and ended up spending 2.5 hours trying to get there (in traffic, then an accident we wanted to avoid and got lost in doing so, then looking for all the stuff we needed for dinner). We were on our way to Jess' to drop off the stuff for later on and got in a car accident! This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks that Mathieu has had someone back up and hit him! He just got his car back and now it happened again. The guy was driving a Toyota Land Cruiser and went to do a 3. turn down a one-way street and backed over us. We're ok, but I wish I could say the same for his car. Anyways, we had dinner and then headed back to the foyer to get ready to go out. Met back up with everyone else after midnight and went to a club called Le carasol. It was ok but we weren't crazy about the music so headed to Tex Mex. Had fun dancing and didn't get back to Jess' until 5AM.

On Saturday we had a girl's night in and watched movies. It was fun, and we haven't really done anything like that before. We also played Pitch which is kind of like 500. Slept in a little yesterday, watched another movie (we all slept at Jess' since her roommate was gone visiting her bf for the weekend). Then I met up with Rollanda (the German assistant at my school) to go over to Sophie's for the galette du roi (a tradition in January honoring the 3 kings who brought presents to Jesus). You eat these cakes and someone gets a little prize in their slice; they're the king or queen, get to wear a little crown, and choose their king/queen. It's fun. Sophie had made 2: one chocolate and pear the other with marzipan. Both were great. Left her place around 7:30 and went back to Jess' and then to an American bar to watch the NFL playoffs. Can't believe I was there but it was nice to hear English spoken even if it was only the sportscast. I think we'll go back in 2 weeks for the Superbowl. I really don't care, we moslty went to keep Jenny company since she is a fanatic.

I'll be in Italy in less than 3 weeks and can hardly wait! I'm so glad I bought my tickets when I did b/c all tickets (train and plane) seem to have gone up considerably. I don't know why. Jenny and I are trying to figure things out for the April vacation. Goanna head out of here since I have a break until 4PM. Miss you all.

Love, Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home