Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Yay! It's Almost Vacation Time (:

So the time has been flying by. I can't believe I've been here an entire month. Things are still going well, and I'm starting to get a little routine. I have to say I'm kind of irritated, though, b/c I came to school today for class from 11-12, went to the room and waited for 15 min. It seems kind of reciculous for me to have to hunt down the kids every time, but since I didn't have anyone, I went to find them. I interrupted the wrong class looking for them (but at least I made the effort), and one of the students said they had gone on a field trip today with their Bio teacher! Geez, I feel like I have a million things to do before I leave on Wed. and since my next classes aren't until 2, I could have used the morning much more productively. To top it off, there was another teacher in my room who wouldn't give it up and told me I could go somewhere else (not that it mattered since I didn't have any students). I had also done a lesson plan specifically for them since this hour only has 3 students (the rest of my classes are around 14-17 students). Oh well, now I have time to put up all my pics and write this.

Saturday I went to the market again. I just got grapefruits and some little olives this time. It was rainy and nasty, so we stayed inside, watched a movie (Finding Neverland- I love that one) and played some cards. Jenny has some games I've never heard of. Bernadet and her husband Christain picked me up for dinner at their place at 7. We started off the night with foie gras and Champagne!! Not bad. They are both histerical and very full of life. Rollanda (the German assistant) was there too and also their 20 yr old daughter. We had a fun time, the dinner was excellent and it was nice to spend an evening speaking only French. They have a very large cat with a lot of personality, and it's clear that he is very much a member of the family. He had his own chair to sit with us at the table and got fed foie gras off a fork! Haha. I got a kick out of this. They adopted him as a baby after he had been hit by a car and had 2 broken legs. Poor baby. But now, he's 14 and cute as can be.

It's noon now, and I'm goanna get some lunch and head back to my foyer before coming back for 2 more classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home