Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Karoke Night

Well, I got to school today at 9 only to find out this class is leaving for the States tomorrow and I won't start with them until mid-November. Works for me! I still have 3 more hours of class today, but that should be fine. I'm feeling a little bit better about lesson plan ideas, at least for now.

We ate in the cafeteria at the foyer last night and..... there was a disco ball full on with Karoke just starting up. I can definately say that this was quite an interesting experience. It's odd to me that the residence would even provide us with alcohol. But hey, I'm not about to complain. My impression here so far is that, yes they drink, but it really is in moderation. Glasses of wine are about 6-8oz. And unless you specify, you will automatically get a demi-pint of beer. They had 2 different types of hard ciders and this beer with tequila in it. And then the Karoke got a little crazy. It was mostly the guys who went nutzo; I'd say about half of the songs were in French, the other half in English. Ummm... we had about 3 songs to choose from and ended up doing "Summer Nights" from Grease with these 3 French guys singing John Travolta's part; he would have been so proud! Anyways this went on until about 11pm when they were just getting ready to go out. Us, "American Women" as we are called headed up to bed since we had classes today.

I have a break today from noon to 4, so Jesse and I planned to go for a little run and then cook lunch. I was planning on staying in tonight but don't know how that will work out since ppl are set on going out dancing. We'll see. If I can take a nap from 6-10, that might work well. They really do get things going late. I hope this movie we're about to watch doesn't give me bad dreams.... it's about a guy who murders his pregnant mistress and then dismembers her body.... odd that this should be shown in school, but it is for their Cinema class (BTW how cool is that, that they can take Film in High School?!).

A bientot, Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home