Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Friday, September 29, 2006

First Day Downtown

Well, I met up w/ Lex and another assistant, Shanita who studied in Nantes for a semester in 2004 yesterday. I was so happy to get to explore downtown and use the TRAM (kind of like the Muni light rail in SF). We made our way to the prefecture only to be told that you have to go before 1:30 and make an appointment to make an appointment... ok. I wasn't expecting this to be easy anyways. It was raining on and off so we sought shelter at a little café/bar that was open and hung out for a couple of hours; it was just what I needed. I must be crazy, but it just hit me that I have to start a whole new life here and establish myself. How I just realized that, I don't know!

Today I will sit in on 2 more classes that I will have on my own next week since Sophie will be on a school trip with another class in Sweeden for 10 days. Then we are supposed to meet up with the Canadian assistant at noon and take a full tour of the school. After that I hope to meet up with Lex and then will take the tram to meet up with Marie Claude at 5 and spend the weekend with them. They will bring me back to Nantes on Monday morning, and if all goes as planned I will move into my room! I can't wait to get all set up. That's all for now. I miss you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home