Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Well Hello


Beautiful red sunrise over in the North Bay. Who would have predicted the wind and rain that followed this beautiful morning?


Tomales Bay


Melissa who officially sports the coolest gear- CTD (crash test dummy!)

Carol and Peni- the super climbers!

Coach Bumpster and my mentor Sue- without whom I'd never have made it through these rides!
**************************************************************

Ok I am officially waaaaaay behind on my blog, and I'm feelin' a little stressed out (o;

Let's flash back a couple of weeks to the "Riders on the Storm" aka The Salmon Run ride. Originally planned to be an 80 mile ride, this one was cut back due to crazy weather. I honestly can't believe we actually ventured out on our bikes this day with all the wind and rain and COLD weather. Team Estrogen proved our worth and hung in there with a solid 70 mile ride! (ok so maybe it was 67, but I'm round up and calling it an even 70). Carol handled the steep hills on the way back like a pro. They were no joke, and even I was feathering my brakes the entire way down. I was freezing on the way home and just couldn't warm up.


It'd been forever since I'd seen Monica since she'd been gone for the entire month of Feb. and I hadn't seen Audi since Halloween, and I really hadn't seen Jodie all that much. So.... we did dinner at Osha (an amazing Thai place in the Marina http://www.oshathai.com/). The food was delish; we ordered some champagne and kicked the night off right. From there we headed to the Matrix and ordered MORE champagne. I love the Marina b/c most bars carry Effin black cherry Vodka (it's f'n good!) to make my favorite cocktail- The Dirty Shirley (Effin black cherry vodka, Sprite, and Grenadine). We hung out there for I don't know how long and had a good time. Thanks Jodie for pretending to grab those guys butts through the glass window and then pawning them off on Monica and me. There's 30 wasted minutes of my life that I will never get back. I can't even believe how boring they were. Waaa waaa waaa. And what about those guys at the end? Anyone? One of them had on a pretty cool, albeit feminine, necklace. And when I commented on it he goes, "Thanks. Yeah it's written in another language. It's supposed to bring me luck with the ladies". Gaaaaggg! Sorry, but who do these fellas think they are? Usher? Next time, it's back to a dirty Mission bar for me. Or at least some place where you can dance rather than dragging out a conversation.

Sunday was the barn with my girlie. I really haven't been seeing her all that much, and I miss her. I just turned her out, cleaned her stall and water and let her hang out in the sun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rock said...

Where's the Solvang coverage? Thanks for letting me hang with Team Estrogen!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home