Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Black and White Ball

Pre concert dinner

Strike a pose



Seal was amazing. I just hope he didn't get in trouble with the wifey since he missed her birthday to come and perform!

Well, well, well. It’s been a looooooooooooooong time since my last entry. I don’t even really know why. I guess it gets to a certain point, and it feels overwhelming to try and catch up. But here goes:


I’ve been at my new job for a little over 2 months now and am loving it. The people here are just wonderful- friendly, bright, motivated and hard-working- all that you could ask for in coworkers, really. I like the work, am kept busy, and challenged. And the perks, well I could go on and on about those.

I’ve managed to ride my bike into work every Tuesday and Thursday since starting. It takes about 1hr 10 min. to get in in the morning and about 50 min. to get home. I love the fact that I can do this. I see the same woman, Joanne, in the locker room every day I bike in, so it’s a nice routine.

Pokey is doing just great, and my Mom is doing a fabulous job with her.
This weekend I got to go to the Black and White Ball in San Francisco. It was an amazing experience. I got tickets from work that included dinner and cocktails starting at 5:30 followed by a performance at the Davies Symphony Hall by Seal, and then the ball itself. Since I was dateless, I took Monica, and we had a blast. I stayed the night at her place in Noey Valley and then was up and out early on Sunday to meet Andrea at the Sam Wong in North Beach. Marie came over with Belgian chocolates, champagne, and flip flops (how much do I love her?!) and we just had a fun time catching up and then went out to lunch. I love both of them to bits, so it was really nice to get to see them together- especially since Andrea lives in Seattle and Marie could be moving back to Belgium at any time. But hey- now I have a friend to visit there. I left the city around 4, and it took me like 2.5 friggin hours to get into the Union City BART station. From there, I went out to see Pokey. I think I got home around 8 PM. Even though I was completely exhausted after a busy weekend (shopping after work on Friday, then home, then back to Los Altos to take Bentely to the vet, then to the Sex and the City premier- you know I couldn’t miss that!) I still didn’t manage to fall asleep until 2 AM.

I don’t really know what else is going on. Kendall was in her middle school play of Grease, so we did that last week. Jed and Holly found out that they are having a BOY!! I think they decided on the name Gavin, totally cute, I know. Mia develops more and more of a personality every day and is a total and complete ham.

I guess that’s it. Over and out.
~Elizabeth


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home