Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Monday, June 16, 2008

It's totally a dress- it has a zipper!

Man am I beat!!!!

It was a busy last week and an even crazier weekend. The past week was a little off from my regular schedule. I didn’t feel great on Tuesday so I didn’t bike in, but by Wed. I was feeling much better, so I met up with a friend from work who lives in Menlo Park and did the last part of my ride with her. It was really really nice to have the company. It’s not often that our schedules match up, so we haven’t been able to ride in together before this. Hopefully it’ll work out a bit more in the future.

This was also my first time in a pool in over a year! I’ve decided to do the Masters Swimming at Stanford and had my first 2 swims on Thurs. and Fri. It felt soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good to be back in the pool. We did about 1500 meters on Thurs. and 2800 (that’s about 1.75 miles) on Friday. Tim, the coach is great, the pool is spectacular, and there’s just something a little bit majestic about being up and in the water by 5:30 with the sun rising mid-way through the workout. It’s very peaceful. The idea is to swim on Mon. Wed. and Fri. and continue to bike in to work on Tues. and Thurs. while Pokey’s days of Mon., Wed., + weekends will stay the same. We’ll see if I can pull it off…… I guess time will tell.

On Friday, I headed down to Santa Barbra after work to visit my good (former lifeguard) buddies. I got in around 10 PM on Fri. and hit up a “smores party” with Kathryn. We slept in a bit on Sat. and then headed to visit Jenny at work (a really cute restaurant with neat outdoor seating) just off of State St. downtown. Lunch was yummy! Of course we went out on Sat. night which was absolutely wild especially with it being graduation weekend and all. Got on the road by noon on Sunday and was back in the Bay Area by 5 PM. Washed my car, unpacked, got a fashion show from Jodie (she got her dress for Vegas- yeah boy-ie!). Then, at the last minute, we decided to go and see The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton. I love all of the comic book movies and I love him, so I was pretty excited about it. I’d say it was ok. His performance was excellent, but the plot just wasn’t that interesting at all and there wasn’t one single twist or added element of surprise. And the way the film finished to set up the sequel was just pathetic (and an insult to the average person’s intelligence, if you ask me).

Anyhoo, now we’re on to another week, and I’m just waiting for Friday so I can have a relaxed weekend and catch up on some much needed sleep. I’m in need of some reading material, so if you’ve got any recommendations, hit me up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home