Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Thursday Update

Maggie, my coworker, and I somehow always manage to coordinate our outfits. It was grey this day.

******************************************************************************

Ahhheeemmm. Ok, just kidding, I don’t really have anything important to say at all other than I don’t even really know what I did last week, so I can’t report anything! Oh, it did involve a night out at the Saddle Rack.

Still swimming on Mondays and Wednesdays. I didn’t manage to make it in to the pool last Friday though. I’m just worked by the end of the week- been getting up at 4:30 to be in the pool by 5:10 and then out to the barn after work getting home around 7:30-8.

I did manage to lock my keys in the car on Monday. Thank god for AAA. LOVE them. I only had to wait for 10 minutes, and I’m actually glad it happened on some level, b/c at least I feel like I’m getting my $’s worth out of my membership (o;

What else, what else???

Getting ready at work has been a bit fun. There have been some ladies from work there in the mornings with me regularly, and it kinda feels like a sorority. It’s a nice way to get to know them- outside of work. I share a workspace with 2 of the most awful and appalling women- Anne and Maxine- I hope you’re reading this!!!! They’re constantly making me laugh, Maxine goes OCD with the Clorox wipes, and I feel like I’m back in middle school with the way the 3 of us get to giggling. I guess Maxine does have one redeeming quality- she sends me my horoscope every day. Which reminds me, she didn’t send it to me today until I reminded her. The nerve!

This weekend should be fun. I’m going out to the city on Friday night, will ride Pokey on the trails on Sat. and then will head over to Shane’s parent’s place by the beach (in b/t Santa Cruz and Capitola). It should be a good time. Then, only a 4-day week next week, and I’m off to Seattle and I get to see Jesse!!!!- and Andrea!

And now some recent pics:



Last week Jed, Holly, Kendall, and Mia were in Tahoe which left me to entertain Al- we hung out- at Borrones and then shopping at Stanford, which left him beat, and then finally I took him to the barn where he got a ride int he wheel barrel.




Mia's first Giants game for Father's Day

Oh I do have one last bit to say. I TOTALLY and UTTERLY BIT IT today at work!!! It was actually pretty hilarious. I was pulling up a little wheely stool to sit next to Maggie and file some paperwork, and I went to sit down, and it just FLEW out from under me- chair flying backwards, me going KABOOM straight onto my rumpa. I fell so hard it even hurt my head. Luckily- no one else was there to witness this catastrophe, and luckily too, I am ok other than a headache and sore behind. Yep, it looks like the clutzieness doesn't go away with age. Dangit. To make matters worse, that freakin stool even has a picture of a lady on it falling off, feet in the air and all. Not my finest moment. Not at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home