Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Monday, July 21, 2008

"That's a lot of cheek for your little palm"

The grandparents with baby Mia.


Just call me Mr. BBQ.


Who said teenagers couldn't help out?


Cupcakes anyone?

So I don't even know where I left off. The weekend, which I was ominous-feeling about (You can just call me "Little Black Cloud") actually turned out pretty good. I rushed off to get my haircut in Fremont after work on Friday- my 2nd cut in about 20 months. Needless to say, I was overdue. I can always tell when it's time for a trim when I can no longer get a brush through it. Believe me, I was waaaay past that stage. Rosa does such a good job, I was the only one in the salon (for a 6 PM apt.), and it was just what I needed to wind down. From there, I smashed it to Jodie's place to pick her up and head to S.F. for a night out with Mo.

We cabbed it from Monica's place in Noey Valley to North Beach and tried eating at a Greek restaurant. However, an entire basket of bread and 15 minutes later, with no sign of being waited on anytime that evening, we left! I was too scured to just walk out, so they convinced me to go first and followed. In the end, we went to Figaros (where we had our company party for Go West Tours this past Jan.). The food was good, we got an appetizer and dessert comped, so no one could really complain. Next was off to a neat bar/restaurant a couple of blocks away, and they had Chimay. Mmmmmmmmmmm good! They soon closed, and so we went back down the street to an Irish pub. It was packed- yeah- packed with d-bags! Honestly, who do some of these guys think they are? On the plus side, Jodie was chatting up 2 cops from Colorado who bought all our rounds. Gotta love when that happens.

Sat. was lost to the black hole. We slept in until noon (I'd been up for 23 hrs the day before, so pls don't judge me too harshly). Headed to the cafe (as in Cafe Borrone) for brunch and then to Stanford for some shopping. I needed to get Holly's b-day present, and it was a huge success. I was stressing, but in the end, found something that was just right. I'm not sure that just anyone would appreciate this particular gift, but I felt pretty confident that she would. I ended up getting her Lippmann collection booties with lavender sachet insoles that can get warmed up in the microwave- yeah boyie!

Went to the barn later that evening and gave Pokey a little ride. She was good girl. I just hopped on bareback (something I'm doing less and less of these days, so it was a nice change) and then hosed her off since it was pretty warm. I finally got back on track with my Netflix (apparently I was too lame/lazy to add anything to my queue, so I hadn't gotten anything for over 2 weeks). I had been wanting to see The Other Boylen Girl and Atonement. The first was a dissappointment, the 2nd just plain depressing, but good.

I'm not feeling like boring you all with the details from Sunday but basically it was: sleep in, bubble bath, cleaning, Holly's bday BBQ (see pics below) and then the barn which resulted in Pokey pulling a shoe (and part of her hoof with it). So....... no riding for me for a while, I guess.

Yesterday's swim was great, and if I could remember what it was exactly that we did, I would tell you, but I can't. So there. I'm now realizing how important sleep is and how much it affects me. Over the past 2 weeks, my body literally hurt - EVERYWHERE - when it was time to get up in the mornings. I felt like I would drown in the pool, and the bike rides into work were no fun. I now know that it was due to lack of sleep! (Well, I'm n99.9% sure). I got 9, yes nine, hours last night, and had one of the best rides into work this morning. The last 3 miles, which are basically all up hill, were a breeze, and I really do think it's b/c I was well rested.

Ta ta for now. Bisous, Elizabeth


Touch head!

Some quotes that you may (or may not appreciate):

"Dance puppet."

"I wish my girlfriend was as pretty as you."

"Check between the toes!"

"He's not a cabbie. He drives a Lincoln."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home