Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Yoshi's in S.F.

From L to R: Anne (my co-worker, one of the "galley girls"), Melissa, Me (duh), and Jodie

Me & Mike

Audra, the birthday girl & Richard. They are such a cute couple!







Love this pic. You girls look gorgeous!

Oula is what I’d be saying right now if I were French.

It was a heck of a week- y’all know pretty much what I was up to from the last post. So drinks after work on Friday were good, but I just wasn’t feelin’ it. I did manage to make it in for a swim that day, and I’d told myself that I would just take it easy. Well Tim (the coach) had other things in mind, and we got WORKED.

I was home and on the couch by 9:30 Friday night ready for a good night’s sleep. I had set my alarm for 5:30 on Sat. to try and make it in for a 6 AM swim, but in the end figured I’d give myself a break. Woke up at 9 and just laid in bed txting friends and cuddling with Mr. B. By 11 I was up, out to run a couple errands, and out to the barn. Pokey and I had a great ride in the hills (one of these days I need to remember to bring my camera and take pics of the scenery/views). I hosed her off and grained her and then got Atoli out to longe him since Jessica was away for the weekend. What a nut! That horse just cracks me up.

I think I got back home around 3:30 which was just enough time to sit on the couch for an hour or so before Jodie came over- with ALL her crap (o; We got ready to go, picked up a burrito for the road (of course!), picked up her friends Mike and Melissa and were on our way to S.F.

The timing worked out pretty much perfectly, and by the time we found parking, we needed to cab it over to Yoshi’s. Waited in line for about 15 min., didn’t have to pay any cover charge (yay!) and made our way to the bar for some Prosecco. The place started to fill out quickly, the DJ was excellent, and the people watching could not have been better- lots of neat outfits. All in all it was a good time. Great idea, Audra!

Today I went to breakfast and then the barn with Jodie. I hadn’t seen her new place, and it’s nice. They even have monkeys (o; By the time we got back home, I needed to hop in the shower to be at Jed and Holly’s for dinner. Helped him cook some pasta primavera with a yummy salad. Jed’s reading about the “5 Languages of Love” OMG freaking hilarious. Mia was her usual adorable self. Man, does she stay consistent. She still loves her little caterpillar comb and still goes nuts for my watch.

Lots of birthdays this month: Jesse, Shannon, and Claire last week. Audra and Maximo the week before, and my Dad and Holly’s bdays this Sat. So…. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you all.

Not too much on the agenda for the upcoming week. I have to go to the dentist tomorrow (yuck. Although the nitrous oxide is nice and definitely makes the whole experience a little less awful). Hopefully some swims/bike rides and a little extra time with Pokey. Jodie, Monica and I are goanna get together in the city on Fri., and I guess that’s it.

xoxo,

Elizabeth

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OMG I love that pic of jo and I!! The blog is fun!! But where do you find the time to update it?? ;)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home