Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Murdered Out



Yes, that was me this morning in the pool with my black swim suit (new!! and reversable), black cap, and matte black goggles. For those of you who share in the love formerly known as Rob and Big ("do you know what it feels like?"), you will know what I'm talking about.

Also worth noting is that today was the first day that I actually felt pretty good in the water (as in not going crooked and all over the place while doing backstroke, gagging, dying etc... you catch my drift). We did some sprint sets and I found that I had more than my slow-ass speed to give, so those were pretty fun, and it felt amazing. I'm going to try and keep track of what we swim, but sometimes it gets a litle hard to remeber, however I think I was successful today:

1. 300 warm up
2. 4x200 free/back
3. 200 cruise (@ 1 min. 50 each 100)
4. 2x15 sprint, 50 for time - @ 1 min 40
2x15 sprint, 50 for time - @ 1 min 40
100 easy
(this pattern was repeated 3 times)
Total swam = 2400 meters

I also must say that I rather kicked butt on my bike yesterday. Brittney hasn't been giving me any lip lately, so I decided she'd earned a rub down and degreasing after I got home from work. I had a great ride both to and from, which is always nice. It's so much better minus the wind. I also love starting my day off with The Cure AND my favorite: Chris Brown playing on the radio. Yay for cordless radio headphones!

If you've been to any mall in the past decade, you know how much Abercrombie smells. It must be some type of marketing strategy (combined with rediculously half naked gorgeous people) to lure you into the store. Well anyways, on my route I pass by Stanford (the shopping center, that is. Cruel, I know) and I can freaking SMELL Abercrombie- even at 6:30 in the AM!!! It's crazy.
So I got tix to the Giants game on Monday night. Sad story. I don't even give a rip about baseball (Dad I swear I really am your daughter), but this was just shameful. I went up with one of the Galley Girls, Anne, who'd gotten tix from work. We decided to drive up straight from work since CalTrain was like $12 round trip- each person and we had free parking. So we hit up MoMos for a beer before the game, and I got carded so hard-core. I even had to wear a wrist band. Laaaaaaaaame. Nevertehless the the game was fun- who doesn't like beer and garlic fries, right?

Last night I met up with Jodie and Liesl at the W for some much needed girl talk. It was a blast- I just love those girls, and man does Liesl know how to tell a story. Too funny!

I leave for sunny (hopefully) Seattle tomorrow for the 4th! Whoo hoo. I can't wait. Over and out.

xoxo,

Elizabeth

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodie said...

I have to say that I am a fan of yours. I even find it pretty funny that you let people know of your little OCD issues. You know the one...it's when you walk into the store known as A&F and you sniff your way through, trying to find a hot SALES guy to help you try clothes on.
Now, as for you swimming every day. Both Liesel and I know your working on your next Bond girl move. You know the one when she comes out of the water all HOT and seductive. Except again, both Lisel and I know, you will come out that way & then fall on the deck. "Man down, Man down!"
Love the blog!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home