Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Friday, August 15, 2008

130 miles, check

Jodie's birthday night out Monday August 11 was celebrated properly at Straits on Santana Row. I can't remember the last time just she, Kristi, and I hung out. We've been friends over the past 13 years and had a blast this night (but paid the price all day Tuesday). We'd started celebrating on Sunday at Raging Waters. Yeah boyie! It was the perfect day- warm and sunny w/o being too hot. It wasn't too crowded either; I think we definitely planned it right by getting there at 11.
I feel like I've been missing out on my little blog here. This pic is from 2 weekends ago at the Saddle Rack in Fremont. You are almost 100% guaranteed to have a good night out there.
Pics from Jodie's and my birthday dinner with Monica in S.F. She can't make it to Vegas, so she took us out for a night on the town....
We were all so excited to see eachother and chatty that we had to come up with this sign to signal to person talking to halt so that the other could get in the conversation.


Not much going on. Been out to the Saddle Rack, out to the city, Raging Waters last weekend. Cruisin' around on Pokey cuz we've had a little bit of a heatwave here that's seemed to affect her, plus I've been lazy with the high temperatures. I had 2 awesome swims this week. Tim's (the coach) back from his vacation, and he was missed while away! Last Saturday I met up with Jeffrey for lunch and then got a little ride on his motorcycle- which was a blast, but if you ask him, I will deny deny deny.

Andrea's in town for the weekend, and we headed up to S.F. after I got off work to see our buddies from Go West Tours. It was so nice to see them all; I really do miss you guys! I don't think anyone could have asked for a better group of co-workers. It really was a great time. We couldn't stay too long b/c we had to meet some other friends in downtown San Jose (which by the way it took us 1.5 hrs to get there!!!! Friggin Bay Area. Everything's so close, yet so far). Anyways we hit up the SJ Bar & Grill for some appetizers. It was a really warm night, they have quasi-outdoor seating in the front, and we hung out and watched Mr. Phelps do his thing on the many big screen TVs showing the Olympics! He is truly amazing.

Just got home at 12:30 completely beat after a busy week and a late night out to find a package from my good friend Allyson in NY. Muchas gracias chica! Will be headed to beautiful Lake Tahoe after work on Fri. for the weekend and can't wait. Then, in only one week, it's Vegas time!

That's all for now. I'm headed to bed. Ciao ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home