Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Bike gods, why you gotta do me like that?

Not sure where the bad biking karma is coming from, but I got ANOTHER flat tire (my 2nd in 3 weeks) on my ride in today. Thankfully, it was just off of Middlefield and Willow about a 5 min. walk from Anne's house, so I called her to see if I could get a ride up the hill (as in Sand Hill) with her. Unfortunately, the flat was caused by a nail sticking right out of my (brand new) rear tire. I had planned on going in to the shop to get a new front tire this weekend (It has well over 1,500 miles on it and has some spots that are worn down which possibly led to my last flat). Now it looks like I'll be purchasing 2 new tires and tubes. Aye aye aye.

In other top story news dun dun dun...

I saw Maroon 5 on Wed. night at Shoreline. Liesl & Jeanette's friend works there, and passed on 6 free VIP tickets. Whoo hoo! The night was kicked off w/ Augustana (which we missed) followed by an amazing Maroon 5 performance (they did a version of Chris Isack's "Wicked Game" and a little shout out to The Police w/ "Roxanne") and finished off w/ The Counting Crows. Needless to say this had me getting home way past my bedtime, and we even had a little scare w/ my car being locked behind the closed gate at Vive Sol where we'd had dinner. Luckily, that all worked out in the end.

Nothing else to report other than I've got some serious heartburn goin' on. Can you get that from an egg McMuffin? Curious...

1 Comments:

Blogger ksuJennyP said...

back up. you missed augustana?!?!?!?!?!? they're the best band i've ever seen LIVE!!! not to mention my favorite. :( Sarah Barelles was opening for M5 when they were on the east coast.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home