Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Watch Repair Needed

Monday Morning Swim

*400 free w/u
*200 pull, 200 kick, repeat twice
*500 stroke/free
*200 kick
*500 stroke/free
Total = 2,800m

The swim felt so good today that I stayed in for that extra set of 500 stroke/free (getting out of the pool 15 min. later than usual, but it was worth it). All I have to say is "thank God for pool covers. bbbrrrrr).

I had a relaxing weekend of "catch up" (My suit case from Seattle finally got unpacked- yesterday! and dresses from Vegas hung where they belong). Life is back in order.

I spent Friday night at Jodie's new place in San Ramon. Would you believe that there is a chier of traffic at 8PM on 680? It was ridiculous, and at one point, I wondered what I could possibly be thinking sitting in traffic that alternated b/t 55mph and a complete stop. The lanes of red brake and tail lights that stretched (literally) for miles ahead were crazy. But I made it, and finally saw Wedding Crashers. Don't hate me- but I honestly didn't think it was that funny, especially w/ all the hype that surrounded it.

Anyways...

Sat. was spent at the barn w/ Liesl. She has done such a good job w/ Pokey, and Pokey has been a saint, making me a proud mamma :-) We were out w/ them for a good 2.5 hours. Both ponies were nice and tuckered on our way back, and since it was sill pretty warm, we hosed them off before putting them away. Sun. was another day mostly spent at the barn; it was a treat to not be rushed, and take the time to do some extra chores out there and visit w/ everyone in and around the Block Barn.

Oh, and I am currently watchless which is killing- KILLING - me. One of the plastic links on my new white watch broke earlier in the week, so I was wearing my Polar watch. Then, the strap on that one just fell off at the movies last night. I tried using the light from my cell to look for it- w/ no luck. I told myself I'd check again as we exited, but I forgot! I don't know how I'm going to make it until I get one of them repaired. I might be sporting a sweet $5 one from Wallgreens to hold me over.

That's all for now. Here's to enjoying what's left of the summer.

Ciao,

Elizabeth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home