Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What a bust

I got up at 4:30 for this?

*200 w/u
*10x100 free on +10
*4x50 kick
*4x15 sprint
*40m EZ
*4x50 for time
Total = 1,700 (really? what a disappointment)

We were a little late getting in the gate this morning and then had to set up lane lines, which even with a good 15+ ppl helping, still takes a while. Then someone was gabbing a bit so we didn't really get a fast start. Add to that the fact that there were 7 of us in one lane and we had moved down to the last lane so the side of the wall is slanted and you can't really tell if the stripe that divides the lane in 2 is in the middle or not which had me either running into the wall (optical illusion much?) or whacking my wrist on the lane line. Then I basically got told to get out of the way by one person and when I tried to move, I got ran down by another- ahh! Safe to say, not the best swim ever. Oh well, Friday's always another chance to get it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home