Comme la vie est fantastique en France and other parts too!

I started this blog in 2006 as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while I was living and working as an English Language Assistant in Nantes, France. Since then, I've become a bit of a "blogger", sharing my adventures on the town, exploring new areas by bike, and any other random details that come along.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Working, being silly, calling Jodie when I'm lost, yummy dinners outside with a bottle of wine, text message junkie, reader, sister, auntie, donkey-loving fool.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whatever you like, eerr scratch that, whatever I can afford

Wednesday's swim:

*300 w/u
*3x200 IM on:
15m IM of each 50, rest swim
25m IM of each 50, rest swim
entire 50m IM
*3x100 swim on cruise, 100 kick (no fins) on +1 min
repeat
*2x200 pull where the first 25 of each 100 is a non-free stroke
Total = 2,100m

So somehow, though don't ask me how, b/c I can't imagine why, I have emerged/been nominated the leader for our lane. At first I just thought it was a fluke or a random thing, but now it seems that every time, I'm starting off the sets. Oh, I don't know if I can handle the pressure! ;-) It's not something I was particularly interested in doing (b/c you have to actually pay attention and listen to what we're supposed to be doing, keep track of the clock, and of course no slacking off b/c you've got sometimes 5-6 ppl following you). I will gladly give up this position to any takers, however there don't seem to be any. It reminds me of ballet bar work and how we weren't supposed to watch to see what anyone else was doing, but rather take everything that were instructed to do in and execute it. Some tiny differences though are that I actually knew what I was doing in ballet and I could hear what we were being told to do (now, half the time I've got water plugged in my ears, am half asleep, and have the gushing water going into the drains to try and drown out). Have I mentioned how much I hate the fact that we have to be out of the pool at 6:25 (damn Stanford students! You'd think it was their facility or something) vs. the 6:45 end time during the summer?

Also, I just have to take a moment and say that some really great music has been recently released. Some of my current favorites include:

*TI "Whatever You Like"
*Kanye "Love Lockdown"
*Estelle feat Sean Paul "Come Over"
*E40 feat Akon "Wake It Up"
*T Pain & Lil Wayne "Can't Believe It"
*Leona Lewis "Better In Time"
*Shontelle "T-shirt"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home